Location: Blacksburg, VA
Comp Range: 150-210k
A one-of-a-kind, start-up spirited Research & Innovation Engineering team needs your expertise in the area of systems engineering and manufacturing.
We are seeking candidates to build the leadership team to support the operating companies within a well-established and privately held corporation.
If you thrive in an environment with technical management challenges, and you wish to culturally affect the way we innovate our products and processes, we would like to have a conversation with you. We are partnering with the resources at Virginia Tech, and all they bring to cutting-edge engineering methodologies, to maximize your growth and development as a technical leader.
** Relocation Benefits are available**
- PhD or Master's in science Degree in computer, mechanical, electrical, or similar engineering
- Experience forming, leading and managing diverse project teams. Effective communications with diverse teams and manufacturing managers.
- A Holistic approach to systems engineering & implementation.
- Experience in one of the following: Statistical process control, model predictive control, artificial intelligence, machine learning, precision motion control of mechanisms, etc.
- Experience implementing manufacturing automation standards, programming, and technologies.
- Implementation project experience involving technology systems utilizing sensors, data transfer, digital twinning, etc.
Your challenges as our Principal Systems Engineer:
- Contribute to the development of the group through mentorship
- Transform specifications into proof-of-concept demonstrations
- Have a genuine enthusiasm for the application of research to adding value to manufacturing processes and product development.
- Approach work with a collaborative, team-first mentality; proactive, positive with a can-do attitude.
- as our Subject Matter Expert (SME), provide training to users in the operation and diagnostics of systems